This Season's Most Wearable Runway Beauty Trends
Classic, chic, and easy to do with one swipe of lipstick. Wearing red lips can be uncomfortable for first-timers but you've gotta pull through and stick it out. Once you've found your favorite shade, putting it on will feel like second nature.
An up-do that is pretty doable yourself, and totally beautiful. Transform your basic bun or pony into something more by plaiting several chunks of hair and pinning them where you prefer.
- Apply some mousse to your hair before styling it to make it easier to form into braids.
- Like taking shortcuts? Braid your hair into pigtails, lift to form a crown, and pin.
- Pull out some face-framing strands.
- Don't worry about it looking perfect... disheveled works.
Blush is tricky because it can either make you look younger or pretty damn old depending on your application. Do like the models at Ralph Lauren and apply a natural-looking amount because too much, is well, too much.
- Don't let loud colors in a palette scare you!
- Start with a light swipe of color and gradually layer more to your taste.
- Put on too much? Just layer on some face powder to tone it down.
- Blend, blend, blend.
Channel your inner diva and take stab at wearing your hair big! Go for luscious waves like the models at Diane Von Fursteberg, rock disco curls like at Marc Jacobs, or tease your tresses to '60s perfection like Kate Spade.
- Apply a volumizing mousse to your roots.
- This would be an acceptable time to blow dry your hair until it's massive. Once you look like a lion, go ahead and style.
- Tease if you'd like some extra oomph.
- Use a volumizing hairspray so your hair won't fall flat.
Ponytails that hit right at the nape of your neck are sleek and are pretty effortless. This is definitely a runway style you can pull off for various real-life occasions whether for work, the gym, or a night-out.
- Worried about stubborn fly-aways? Try styling your ponytail with damp hair as this keeps stray strands in place more efficiently.
- Ponytails are great for second-day hair (or third, LBH) just refresh your tresses with some dry shampoo and brush out knots. Curl ends if they look ratty.
- Wavy/curly girls can achieve the sleek look applying straightening balm to tone down frizz.