Primp and Take the Best Selfies at Pucker, NYC's Newest Makeup Studio
Ever just wanna get your makeup done without feeling obligated to purchase? Us too! And that's why we're especially thrilled about the opening of Pucker, a new beauty studio brought to us by business mom, Hiyam McKelvey and make-up artist, Julio Sandino.
Beyond doing away with the awkwardness (and pushiness) of a department store makeup counter, this place is basically the Rolls Royce of all makeup spots:
- It's affordable. Each full make-up sesh' will run you $50, even with Julio. You can get a quickie for $35.
- The studio kind of like your coolest friends' townhouse - with plenty of room to relax and have a cocktail before and after services.
- Pucker has a downstairs dressing room which includes private changing areas, lockers for clothing storage (no really, you can leave your stuff here and get it later) as well a restroom and shower.
- The downstairs also boasts a large vanity mirror area stocked with tools and hair items you'd need to prep yourself for a night out.
- Last but not least: a selfie station. That's right - there's a permanent, private room set up with professional lights for the sole purpose of selfies.
It's like getting ready at your BFFs place, but better! Grab your girls, get your makeup done, have a drink, bring your outfits, fix your hair, take a good selfie, and go out on the damn town.