Lip Liner Is Not Just For Cholas Anymore, And This Is Why You Need It
1. It can replace an expensive primer. If you don't have your favorite lip primer on deck, use a lip liner. How: Pick a lip liner the same or similar shade to the lipstick you plan on using. Fill in your entire mouth and then apply your lippy of choice.
2. You can create the illusion of bigger or smaller lips. Line right outside your natural lip line with a shade close to your lipstick to fake a fuller pout, or bring the line in on your lips to create a smaller, high-fashiony one. Video Tutorial: How To Make Your Lips Look Full & Fabulous
You learn a lot of shit growing up in LA – including some random beauty tips and tricks. Forget watching YouTube tutorials, I initially learned all things makeup from cholitas in homeroom – the class period where most makeup application went down. Tools needed: some sort of mocha lip liner (typically by Jordanna), some lipstick (a.k.a. concealer or nothing at all), some pluckers (tweezers) and a needle (to poke through lashes and separate clumpy mascara.) I'm not sure how the whole needle-near-the-eye trick took off, but one thing cholas got right was lip liner, they just didn't use it the way it was intended. We're about to try and mend your relationship with lip liner just in case looking back at photos made you never want to reach for it again.
3. You can create your own long-wear lipstick. If you're worried about your lipstick lasting throughout the day, pick a lip liner color you like and fill in your entire mouth with it. Coat with a lipgloss or balm.
4. It prevents your lipstick from bleeding. Lip liners keep your lips from looking like a hot mess in a few hours. Lining keeps your lipstick in place and prevents it from settling in fine lines.
5. Makes your lipstick application look more clean and professional. Creating a defined line around your lips establishes a guideline of sorts for a smooth and precise application. Tip: When you're done, take a concealer and line the outer parts of your mouth for an ever cleaner look.
LIP LINERS WORTH TRYING