How To Create The Perfect Top Knot Bun, For Real
The Top Knot is the ideal style for any occasion. It can be a lifesaver during a bad/dirty hair day. It can also be a chic and easy way to get your hair out of your face, all while pairing perfectly with a dressed up or down ensemble. Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Stylist, shared how to achieve this look with us:
For best results, start with day two hair onwards as your hair will be easier to manage with an already 'lived -in' texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots mainly – this will give your hair more texture, grip and volume.
- Then mist a light hairspray throughout for some hold and grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Keep checking what it looks like from your profile so you position ponytail in the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly – this creates a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.
- This creates perfectly disheveled topknot that looks ultra stylish and works for any event.