Get Reese Witherspoon's Modern Yet Retro Hairstyle from The Oscars
Inspired by the sleek and beautiful lines of Reese Witherspoon’s dress, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gave the Best Actress Nominee a deep middle part that transitioned into soft cascading waves for The Oscars. “I wanted to play up the duality of texture and create a look that had strength and softness at the same time,” said Adir. For the perfect modern take on classic '40s waves, follow the steps below.
1. Adir started by creating a severe middle part and then applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Building Mousse from roots to mid shaft to towel-dried hair.
2. To continue building the perfect foundation, Adir applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer from roots to ends before blow-drying hair away from the face with a medium-sized round brush.
3. Once dry, Adir tucked hair behind both ears and pinned into place. “A great tip to avoid dents in the hair is to use a business card and hair clip to hold the style in place,” said Adir.
4. To create the soft waves in the back, Adir used a 1" curling iron and curled the hair in a barrel curl from ends to mid shaft, pinning them in place to cool down. He continued that motion throughout the entire back section of the hair that was down.
5. Before removing the cooled curls from their pin set, Adir sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray. He then removed all the pins and let the hair drop, applying more hairspray on a paddle brush and brushing out the curls into a smooth 1940’s wave.
6. Adir then removed the business cards that were holding the front structure of the hair in place and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum with a coloring brush to create duality in texture.
7. To finish, Adir spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock in style all night.