Redken Creative Consultant, Guido, created a regal look for the Valentino SS 14 show by adorning hair with a decorative headband into this pony. Goal: making it seem as if the accessory was actually a part of the hair. Doable at home? Yessss.
1. Apply Redken’s satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry spray to damp hair and blow dry with a natural bristle brush until smooth.
2. Create a center part in the front
3. Backcomb crown section and pull hair back into a low pony, leaving about 1″ sections in the front.
4. Secure with a hair tie, and apply forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to eliminate any flyaways.
5. Put headband on.
6. Pull front sections back over the band and wrap ends around hair tie.
7. Use pins to secure wrap.
8. Finish with more forceful 23 super strength finishing spray being careful not to spray on headband.
Naturally, big 70s hair was a must for the models rocking Jenny Packham’s Spring 2014 collection inspired by the decade of disco. TRESemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu created a voluminous, curly look emulating the era precisely. Here are her recommended steps:
1. Apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Mousse liberally and blow-dry witha a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Spray TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray on each section and curl hair with a smaller iron at nape, medium-sized barrel from the ears to crown and a 1″ barrel on top.
3. Once cooled, take pins out and tease hair from roots working your way down to ends to life curls and create texture
4. Spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for long-lasting volume and touchable hold.
5. As a finishing touch, clamp a barrette above the temple to secure the style in place.
Looking to perk up your assets in your swim gear this summer? Lets get some Kate Upton inspired boob action going with these easy work outs! Cosmo
How to turn a sweet little bow into a fashion statement?.. Celebs do it best WWD
Okay, Even if some of us were not alive during the assassination of JFK… we can certainly appreciate the Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie-O in National Geographic’s “Killing Kennedy” Inside
Thinking of lightening up this summer? Lets start with our hair! No seriously, How to lighten without the terrorizing damage! BellaSugar
How long ago was the Civil War? Apparently Paula Deen missed that bit of history as she makes a video apology for her N-bomb Hollywoodreporter
All the Single ladies, it’s wedding season yet again. So strut your stuff in all the right ways with a kick ass ensemble! InStyle Cosmo
Who better to design lingerie than an ex-prostitute? Am I right ladies? See the woman behind the risqué Styleite
MJ’s son on his fathers wrongful death.. oh the stories a Prince can tell. HollywoodReporter
Equality for everyone is just one step closer and Modern Family planes to tell all with a same sex marriage? HollywoodReporter
Sexy was gone, then Justin Timberlake brought sexy back.. Now what? [GQ]
Girls, there is still one available Royal and he’s touring the U.S! Prince Harry is here all May.. Can you say summer love? [Stylelite]
So, High-Low hems.. Still loving them? Or are they soooo last season? [Glamour]
Tried, Convicted, Acquitted, Tried again? Amanda Knox back on the chopping block in Italy. At least the Pope had his 15 minutes… [Cosmo]
Who is your style inspiration? Stylish women tell who their style inspiration is! [Fashion Magazine]
Lazy day hair can be glamorous! Check out 30 of the greatest ponytails in history! Like ever! [NY Mag]
It’s so unfair! Can these models get any better? Displaying great style on the runway and on their days off! [Fab Sugar]
BF Jeans are still a live and well on the streets. Here is how to wear them! [NY Times]
With summer quickly approaching its prime time to start your summer prep. A long with a new gym membership it’s time to get your shop on! Get inspiration from these Celeb warm weather styles! [Fab Sugar]
Listen up Ladies! There are some things you need to know about Sex and your uhhh cycle. How hormones affect you. [Cosmo]