Redken Creative Consultant, Guido, created a regal look for the Valentino SS 14 show by adorning hair with a decorative headband into this pony. Goal: making it seem as if the accessory was actually a part of the hair. Doable at home? Yessss.
1. Apply Redken’s satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry spray to damp hair and blow dry with a natural bristle brush until smooth.
2. Create a center part in the front
3. Backcomb crown section and pull hair back into a low pony, leaving about 1″ sections in the front.
4. Secure with a hair tie, and apply forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to eliminate any flyaways.
5. Put headband on.
6. Pull front sections back over the band and wrap ends around hair tie.
7. Use pins to secure wrap.
8. Finish with more forceful 23 super strength finishing spray being careful not to spray on headband.